NoTouch Center updates
This page is about updating NoTouch Center. If you instead want to know how to update the client's operating systems, look here: Firmware Update (NTC)
There are several ways of updating your NoTouch Center. All updates are - of course - non-destructive for your configuration. Nevertheless, we require that you do this before you update:
- Make a backup - e.g. a VM snapshot of the machine running NoTouch Center
- Read and understand the Release Notes
NoTouch Center updates are distributed as .deb files.
NComputing Virtual Appliance
NoTouch Center is updated using the .deb package upload mechanism.
- In the VA console, select "VA Operation" in the main menu
- Click on "Updates"
- Scroll to the "NoTouch Center" header and click on "Upload/update .deb package"
In the page that appears now, upload the NoTouch Center update file (a .deb file).
NoTouch Center will be installed and restarted. Please allow at least one minute for NoTouch Center to reconfigure itself. Do not reboot the VA immediately.
Please also see here: Updating the Virtual Appliance#NoTouch Center
Legacy NoTouch Center versions
Earlier NoTouch Center versions up to and including 4.1.28 used an "in-place" update mechanism that could be triggered by manual upload of jar files or via automatic downloads of jar files. This mechanism is deprecated. NoTouch Center updates are distributed as .deb and .exe files only, no new .jar files are published.
For your reference, this is the "old" dialog box in older, pre-4.1.28 NTC setups that is NOT used any more:
To update such an older version, use the normal update procedures as above. There is nothing special about it. We are just saying that this dialog does not have use any more. Otherwise there is nothing special about the update.
First, always remember that NoTouch Center usually does nothing to your database during update. So your configuration is safe, even if something goes wrong.
- Check error messages displayed in the browser or in NoTouch Center logfiles in the log directory
- If you open a ticket with support, please give as much information as possible (screenshots, logfiles), please include a VA support file
- If you use an external database server, check that your database server is available
- NComputing support may tell you to revert to your prior version, so be sure to have a backup of both NoTouch Center and its database available!