Reinstall NoTouch Center
This article explains how to reinstall NoTouch Center on the same Windows machine where it had already been installed. Usually you would do this only if there a problem with the update routine arises.
If you are simply migrating to another host, please read on here: Migrate NoTouch Center
Again, this article is ONLY relevant if the normal Windows-based NoTouch Center update is unusable for you and you want install 'over' an older installation manually.
- Create a complete backup of the machine - preferably a VM snapshot. If anything fails, you want to be able to revert easily.
- If you use the internal MySQL database (as most users do), get a database backup as described here: Database configuration#MySQL backup and restore - save it in an easy accessible location.
- Stop both services, NoTouch Center database (=our MySQL) and NoTouch Center
- Copy the full installation folder of NoTouch to a safe and accessible backup location. Typically the installation folder is something like
C:\Program Files\NComputing\NoTouch Center
- Run the NoTouch Center uninstaller. It is linked in the start menu, if not look for uninstall.exe in the above mentioned installation folder.
- Delete the installation folder, if it is still present. Make sure there are no leftovers.
- Install NoTouch Center as described here: NoTouch Center Installation (Windows)
- Make sure the NoTouch Center service is stopped
- Make sure the NoTouch Center Database (=our MySQL) service is started
- Restore your MySQL database backup that you created in Step 2: Once again, consult Database configuration#MySQL backup and restore - again, only if you were using the internal MySQL database
- Copy all the contents from these subfolders of your installation folder backup into their new locations:
lmc\images\(this folder contains the lfi firmware images)
lmc\licenses\(this folder contains the license jar files)
lmc\root\(this is where you would have put custom background images, certificates, other things, if any...)
- Copy the Configuration properties file from the backup folder, overwriting the existing file in the new installation:
- Start the NoTouch Center service