Migrate NoTouch Center
From NComputing Knowledge Base
Migrate standalone NoTouch Center to Virtual Appliance
It is very easy to migrate a standalone, e.g. Windows-based installation to a new one based on the NComputing Virtual Appliance - please continue reading here: Migrate standalone NoTouch Center into Virtual Appliance
Migrate a standalone NoTouch Center instance to another machine
This is also very easy:
- Install NoTouch Center on the new machine following the normal installation procedure
- Stop both services, the NoTouch Center service and the NoTouch Center Database (MySQL) service with the normal Windows Services dialog
- Login to the machine where the old instance lives, and also stop both services, the NoTouch Center service and, if needed, the NoTouch Center Database (MySQL) service with the normal Windows Services dialog
- Copy the complete installation folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\NComputing\NoTouch Center\ over to the new machine, overwriting its contents. Depending on the number of client OS images and other data, this can amount to a few gigabytes.
- Restart the services.
- If your old instance used an external database, this instance will continue to use the same database server - remember, in your installation are also the Configuration properties and so the instance will continue to use the Database configuration without further intervention. So please do not active the service on the old machine again as we do not support multiple instances to use the same database at the same time.
- You only have to restart the MySQL/NoTouch Center Database service if you use it. Oracle/MSSQL users can deactivate this service.
- Our advice is to shutdown the old machine and assign its IP address to the new machine. If that is not possible, please follow these instructions: IP address change